Re: [Condor-users] Flocking

Hi John!

Flocking is a relationship between a schedd and a "remote" condor pool. We sometimes may lazily refer to flocking as though it were a relationship between one pool and another, but this should be interpreted as meaning that all schedds in pool A are configured to flock to pool B.

I'll see if I can clarify the language in the manual.

Cheers,
--Dan

john.kewley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi
In section 5.2 of the Condor Manual it states: "The simplest flocking configuration sets a few configuration variables. If jobs from machine A are to flock to pool B, then in machine A's configuration, set the following configuration variables: " By "If jobs from machine A" refer to
a) Every submit machine
b) Every machine with a schedd
c) The central node with a Collector (or is it Negotiator)
I thought flocking was c), but the wording used above seems to suggest a) or b) which implies a lot of machines (assuming many schedds in pool) would need updating if an extra pool was
needed to be flocked to.
i.e. is it not just the central nodes (Collectors) that need updating when you add a new
flock.
cheers JK

--
Scanned by iCritical.