Re: [Condor-users] "COLLECTOR address or hostname not specified in config file"

Hi,

I have a similar problem, but with the Negotiator. Since we upgraded to 7.4.1 I have noticed that condor_userpio and condor_q -analyze (and perhaps some other commands as well) complain with:

angelv@vaso:/opt/condor$ condor_userprio
condor_userprio: NEGOTIATOR address or hostname not specified in config file

NEGOTIATOR_HOST is defined correctly, and a per the suggestion of David McBride I set the variable NEGOTIATOR_ADDRESS_FILE

angelv@vaso:/opt/condor$ condor_config_val NEGOTIATOR_ADDRESS_FILE
/var/lib/condor/log/.negotiator_address

but I get no positive results and the .negotiator_address file is not created.

Any hints?

(I've been recycling the config files since version 6.x.x Could this be a problem and perhaps there is some conflicting information in there? I didn't have this problem with version 7.0.x)

Thanks,
Ángel de Vicente
| http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/           |
| High Performance Computing Support PostDoc  |
| Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias        |