[Condor-users] How can I return nothing but stdout/stderr?

I’ve got a family of Condor tasks whose work is to write stuff to a network drive.
These jobs create a bunch of intermediate results in the local execute directory as they run, and I really don’t want any of that stuff returned.
Just getting stdout and stderr back is sufficient.

Workaround ideas:

1) I could move all my intermediate steps to a new temp dir, different from the Condor execute directory.
2) I could delete all my intermediate files from the execute directory before exiting.
3) I could create a “pointlessmandatoryoutput.out” file in my execute directory, and specify that Condor only return that, using transfer_output_files.
[This is the one I’ve been doing, but now I’m getting shadow exceptions that Condor can’t return that file – maybe it’s not getting created quickly enough?]

But all these seem unnecessary.
What I’d really like is to be able to set transfer_output_files to blank.

transfer_output_files =

doesn’t work.

Does Condor have a clean mechanism for returning only stdout and stderr?  Or am I stuck with my workaround options?

Thanks!
- Jason
Jason Ross      Intel Corporation
Graphics Architect      FM5-79
VCG Architecture        1900 Prairie City Road
(916) 356-8964  Folsom, CA  95630