Re: [Condor-users] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: about different dagman jobs problem

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Tao.3.Chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

  Thank you for your explaination, I have read the link you gave me, but
I still have some quesions.
  Actually, I use remote DAGMan to submit job.In condor system, we have
several users to submit dag jobs to the central manager(the remote PC) by
different user account,for different dag job, as I mentioned,for each dag
job of each user, I need C could be run as soon as possible after A,B
finished. But actually when dag submit a new job C to condor,there are
many jobs already in the queue, and they are from different users, but I
want C could run as soon as possible! So my quesion is can I set priority
among these different jobs from different users.

Okay, so you're saying that you want a C job from any user to be run ahead of A and B jobs from any user, right?

You should be able to do this by using group quotas (see http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.3/3_4User_Priorities.html#SECTION00448000000000000000).
You want to have all of your users in the same group.  Then, you need to
set a higher priority value for the C jobs in all of their submit files
(see http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.3/2_5Submitting_Job.html#1814).

(Note that this will take cooperation from your users, because they have to have the correct accounting group and priority in all of their submit files.)

  Additionally, I use condor-c grid Universe for all the jobs, because I
don't know  why if I use Vanilla Universe from central manager, all the
jobs just hang on in the queue,never run.

Hmm, your jobs are actually running on your local pool, right? If that's the case, something must be misconfigured with your pool, or else you must be putting something in your jobs' requirements that prevents them from matching. You can try 'condor_q -analyze' to get some feedback on why jobs aren't matching. On some platforms, you can also do 'condor_q -better-analyze'.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team