[Condor-users] Getting files from partial runs in vanilla universe

Hi list,

I am running a simulation program that can be told to stop and restart, so that the files produced by a run which is interrupted are valuable. I am using condor 6.8.4 in the vanilla universe. I have specified in the submit script

BASED = /home/tomas/some_dir
SPOOL = $(BASED)

universe = vanilla
should_transfer_files=yes
when_to_transfer_output=ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT

If I understood the manual correctly, this should put the files of the partial run in the $(SPOOL) directory. However, after condor_rm, no files are transfered. I have tried giving an inexistent directory for SPOOL expecting condor to complain, but it just runs as if I had asked to transfer ON_EXIT.

What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help on this.

Tomas