Re: [Condor-users] getenv = true not sending PATH environment variable in 7.2.0

Torrin Jones wrote:
The subject really says it.

It seems that a change was made in condor 7.2.0 which stops condor from
sending the PATH environment variable when you use getenv = true in your
submit description file.  It seems to send all to rest of the environment.
I can't seem to find any information about it in the release notes in the
users manual (Did I miss something?).  My questions are . . .

1. Is this change intentional or a bug?

2. Why was this change made?

Anybody have any ideas?

The code for grabbing the env hasn't changed since March 2007. You didn't mention what version you are coming from.

It silently filters out env variables that contain characters that cannot be handled properly: | \n \0

If any of those are in your PATH it'll get filtered.

Best,

matt