Re: [Condor-users] jobs match, but prefer another specific job despite its worse user-priority

Does your machine rank expression prefer some jobs over others? One way to see the rank expression is like this:

condor_status -format "%s\n" rank

--Dan

Harald van Pee wrote:

I believe CLAIM_WORKLIFE
can help here
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_3Configuration.html#13095

If I understand this correct, than a CLAIM_WORKLIFE = 120 will keep a claim reserved for 120s if a job finishes faster the claim is still open and the user can start another job. But here we still see that a user with the lowest priority can use a couple of machines with 16 virtuell machines for hours even with jobs running longer than 10 minutes and CLAIM_WORKLIFE = 120 set
and high priority user can not get  any of them.

Can someone explain such a behaviour?

Harald