Re: [Condor-users] Transition 6.9.2 - 6.9.3

I upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.9.3 without having to make any configuration changes. There one issue related to the VM->slot renaming that I am aware of: STARTD_VM_EXPRS (now preferably called STARTD_SLOT_EXPRS) will produce attributes in your ClassAd named slotX_foo rather than vmX_foo.

If you really don't want to deal with any renaming issues, you can set STARTD_RESOURCE_PREFIX=vm, and everything should appear exactly as before.

--Dan

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

After the release of Condor 6.9.3, and its terminology change (VM->slot)
I'm a bit worried about config files.
What's the best way to make the transition as smooth as possible?
Can I duplicate every line referring to the old VM term, and add a *SLOT*
line, and still work under 6.9.2? Will there be any conflicts if both styles
are present?

What would be the best basis to write a config file from scratch? I used the 6.8.4 manual to set up a fresh configuration, ordered by the
entries in section 3.3, and promptly failed (somehow the [XXXX] lines are
*not* handled as expected, "a line without an operator that begins with a left
square bracket will be ignored": I had to prefix something like [3.3.3 Condor-wide settings] with a hash sign to avoid error messages)...
My configuration has grown with the years, and accumulated a lot of
obsolete stuff (at least that's what I thought, until I discovered that there are settings which are not documented in section 3.3).
Is there a way to identify things that are no longer used by Condor?