From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Bradley
Sent: 04 December 2007 16:42
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Mixed 6.8.6 and 6.9.5 installation

Yes, you should be able to run 6.9.5 on your submit node and/or central
manager while running 6.8.6 on some/all execute nodes.

If you want to upgrade without killing any running jobs, it is possible,
at least for vanilla universe configured with a long enough
JobLeaseDuration to let you get the upgrade done.  However, if that is
not hugely important, it is simpler to just shut down your submit node
normally (which will stop all jobs in 6.8.6), do the upgrade, and then
start it back up.  I'd recommend upgrading the central manager first and
then doing the submit node once the new central manager daemons are up
and running.

--Dan