Re: [Condor-users] Executable that produce graphics (e.g. histograms)

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone of you tried to use an executable which should produce a
> graphical output (e.g. histograms or detector's geometry)?
> How did you do
> it? How did you modify your submit file or what did you do?

If you program produces ANY output in the working directory of the job,
then I believe Condor will copy those files back to the submission node.
It doesn't matter whether those files are binaries, libraries, histograms,
excel files, csv, or whatever. Whether these binary files will still be
readable on your submission node is another question.

If your files are being created in a subdirectory then they'll need adding
to the list of transferred output files. Either that or you arrange for the
files to appear in your job's workign directory (by wrapping call to executable
in a script, remembering to add it to the transfer input files of course, or
by flags to the executable to reroute the results files).

Good luck

JK