Re: [Condor-users] Newbie question about Perl programs

On 3/21/06, Darin Kalisak <whognu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the additional info.  Is it fair to say, then, that for
> technical reasons, only .bat and .exe files can be submitted to condor
> as executables in a Vanilla Windows environment?

basically yes - If anyone has managed to find a way to get something
else working I'd be very interested (all the jobs I send directly make
use of cygwin's bash sheel via a wrapping bat file for example.

> >This association s likely a per user setting on the machine. you may
> >not be able to set it for the executing user easily.
>
> Oddly, the batch file I submitted that did work *was* able to call the
> program as an executable.  (I'm not arguing the point, just making an
> observation.  My ignorace about OS inner workings is monumental.)  I'm
> eager to try adding a Linux machine to my pool.  Maybe I can use it to
> convince the powers that be to start buying more of them.

That would suggest that it is the runas process which is the barrier
(which would make sense).

Matt