Re: [Condor-users] condor-administrators

On Dec 24, 2005, at 6:34 AM, Maxim Kovgan wrote:

2. User Environment.
I wonder if there is a way to force users to have a special
Environment,
inspite the user's will to define "Env = bla=blabla; etc." in the
submission file.
Is this possible at all ?
According to the manual - no.
(STARTER_* variables can be overridden by users in the submit file )

Note, I have read the related parts from the manual, but experiments
showed something is wrong.

One way to do this is to use the USER_JOB_WRAPPER (see the manual for
details).

I am using this wrapper and it has this inside:

#!/bin/sh --login
source /etc/profile
exec "$@"

Hm... I've added the 2nd line as a resort. Is this an 'overkill' ?
and still the q. is: If I run jobs via this wrapper, will the user's
submission file still have the last word ?

The user's submit description file determines what environment variables will be set when the job wrapper script is run. The script can change the environment however it wants before executing the job and will have the last word.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |