Re: [Condor-users] Mac OS X support

On 4/22/05, Nick LeRoy <nleroy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim,
> > I read this, but didn't think it was clear -- so this *does* mean that
> > you can't submit standard-universe jobs from a Mac OS X machine?
> > That's annoying.
>
> More to the point, you can't *build* standard universe executables for a
> clipped-only arch.
>
> If it's helpful, I *think* that you could submit, say, a Linux
> standard-universe executable from your OS/X box, though, and it'd work
> (obviously, it'd have to run on Linux execute hosts).  I'm not 100% certain
> of this, however.

If you did this you would not be able to submit it directly

ERROR: You are trying to submit a "standard" job to Condor.
This version of Condor only supports "vanilla" jobs, which
perform no checkpointing or remote system calls.  See the
Condor manual for details
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual)

Though you may be able to post hack the job classad details...

Matt