Re: [Condor-users] Why is my collector daemon trying to talk to auwisc server?

> Why is my collector daemon trying to send anything at all to
> condor.cs.wisc.edu? I checked my config files for any settings that
> had "wisc.edu" in them and they are all commented out. Same for
> settings that have any IP addresses with "128.105" in them. Is there
> some default setting that says "tell the university about everything
> we're doing"? Can I stop this from even being attempted? If not, why?

By default, Condor periodicly reports back to the UW the number of
machines and jobs in your pool. We use this information to better
understand our user community and tailor our software accordingly. We do
not collect any personal information or publish this data in a way that
makes it possible to identify your pool.

If you want to turn these reports off you only need to set the
CONDOR_DEVELOPERS and CONDR_DEVELOPERS_COLLECTOR macros to NONE in your
Condor config.

You can read more about these reports in the privacy notice in our
manual --
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.7/1_7Privacy_Notice.html

One example of how this data is used is at
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/map/

        --Nate