RE: [Condor-users] Requeueing a job from an execution client?

that does not appear to be the case

condor_vacate vm1@xxxxxxx works fine in my environment...

Usage: condor_vacate.exe [general-options] [targets]
where [general-options] can be zero or more of:
    -help               gives this usage information
    -version            prints the version
    -pool hostname      use the given central manager to find daemons
    -graceful           gracefully vacate the jobs (the default)
    -fast               quickly vacate the jobs (no checkpointing)
where [targets] can be zero or more of:
    -all                all hosts in your pool (overrides other targets)
    hostname            given host
    <ip.address:port>   given "sinful string"
  (for compatibility with other Condor tools, you can also use:)
    -name hostname      given host
    -addr <addr:port>   given "sinful string"
  (if no targets are specified, the local host is used)

  condor_vacate.exe causes the condor_startd to vacate the running
  job(s) on specific machines.  If you specify a virtual machine
  (for example, "vm1@hostname"), only that machine will be
  vacated.  If you specify just a hostname, all jobs running under
  any virtual machines at that host will be vacated.  By default,
  the jobs will be checkpointed (if possible), though if you
  specify the -fast option, they will be immediately killed.

I hope this ability will be maintained going forward even though condor_vacate in 6_7 provides the far more pleasant cluster/proc id method...

Matt

Gloucester Research Limited believes the information
provided herein is reliable. While every care has been
taken to ensure accuracy, the information is furnished
to the recipients with no warranty as to the completeness
and accuracy of its contents and on condition that any
errors or omissions shall not be made the basis for any
claim, demand or cause for action.