[Condor-users] dropping support for some Condor platforms

Hello -

In upcoming Condor releases, we hope to drop support for several
platforms, and would like to gage reaction from our user base before
we go ahead and do so.

We do not believe that removing support for Solaris 2.6 or 2.7 on SPARC,
or Digital UNIX 4.0f, or HP-UX 10.20 will impact our user community -
all of these operating systems are several revisions behind (in fact,
some have been completely end-of-lifed by the vendor) and are causing us
quite a bit of difficulty to continue to maintain. We expect that most
if not all Condor users have already migrated to more modern versions
of Solaris, HP-UX, or Tru64.

In the near-term, we do expect to release versions of Condor for
Linux on AMD64, Fedora Core 2 on x86, and HP-UX 11.11 on PA-RISC.
Solaris 10, FreeBSD on x86, and Linux on PowerPC are also likely.

Please let us know if removing these platforms presents a problem for,
or if there are any platforms that we should be supporting.

Thanks!

-Erik