Re: [HTCondor-devel] Build condor on aarch64

Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 14:22:19 +0000
From: Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Build condor on aarch64
> On May 11, 2020, at 6:27 AM, Chun-Yu Lin via HTCondor-devel <htcondor-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear condor-devel team,
>     I try to build condor-8.8.9 on my aarch64 cluster.
> But the cmake complains about finding no linux/nfsd/const.h, even if I disable using it by un-defining it in cmake:
>
>     cmake . -D WITH_SCITOKENS=OFF -U HAVE_LINUX_NFSD_CONST_H
>
> Is nfsd/const.h necessary? Since I can not even found it on my CentOS7 aarch64 kernel source ?
> And, where could I found more information about condor on aarch64 mahicne ?

A lack of linux/nfsd/const.h should not cause any problems. Cmake may comment on it not being present, but that should not prevent the build from proceeding. Our RHEL7 x86_64 machine doesnât have this header file, either. Itâs one of several places we look for some NFS-related macros.

We donât build HTCondor on aarch64 ourselves, but I believe the code does get built there by the Debian maintainers.

 - Jaime