Re: [HTCondor-devel] HTCondor docker and Mac OS X

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:01:59 -0600
From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] HTCondor docker and Mac OS X
On 02/02/2017 09:53 AM, Maxime CHAUVIN wrote:
Hello,

I tried using this new universe, I had to set DOCKER = /usr/local/bin/docker which is the specific path of docker on Mac OS
and HTCondor find docker and can even submit my jobs. This is as far as I can get because the jobs fail with this error:
âError from slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Error running docker job: linux spec user: uids and gids must be in range 0-2147483647â

We have no experience with docker on Mac, but if you look in the StarterLog.slot1, you should be able to find the docker run command line, and see what it is trying to do. From that we may be able to guess a solution.

-greg