[HTCondor-devel] HTCondor docker and Mac OS X

Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:53:57 +0100
From: Maxime CHAUVIN <chauvin.maxime@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] HTCondor docker and Mac OS X
Hello,

I am using HTCondor on a cluster of Mac Pro and I recently use docker containers to run my jobs.
This works fine with universe vanilla using a script to create, execute and remove docker containers but
I know that you have implemented a specific universe for docker.

I tried using this new universe, I had to set DOCKER = /usr/local/bin/docker which is the specific path of docker on Mac OS
and HTCondor find docker and can even submit my jobs. This is as far as I can get because the jobs fail with this error:
âError from slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Error running docker job: linux spec user: uids and gids must be in range 0-2147483647â

I understand that this must be a problem of user and group rights, I would be able to fix this on a linux with something like
sudo useradd docker condor
but I have no idea what to do on Mac OS.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?
Indeed it would be much neater with universe = docker than using vanilla and an intermediate script to deal with the docker container.

Best regards,
  Maxime Chauvin