Re: [HTCondor-devel] class ad attributes

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 11:00:13 -0600
From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] class ad attributes

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:13 AM, åå <715620615@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Erik,

Thanks for you spent time looking. I think I did not describe the question clearly. I want to add an attribute in the submit description file, since it do not appear in the Job ClassAd Attributes lists(I got from appendix A of condor manual), so I should add the attribute in the Âway like "+AttributeName = value", is it right?

This is right. A common surprise is if value is a string literal, you will want in enclosed in double quotes like

+AttributeName = "value"

And then I need to get the value in the dedicated scheduler's source code, is the way like "job->LookupInteger(AttributeName, value)" right? or anything in other part of the source code I need to pay attention?

That's correct. Condor is very configurable and extensible itself -- perhaps if you could share with us what you want to do, there may be a way to accomplish that without needing to change the source code.

-greg