[HTCondor-devel] Packaging questing - can we split client from server?

Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:41:54 -0700
From: Igor Sfiligoi <sfiligoi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] Packaging questing - can we split client from server?
Dear HTCondor community.

I have a few use cases where I only need the condor client binaries (e.g. condor_q and condor_status) to monitor remote Condor installations,
but the condor packaging always comes with both clients and servers in the same bundle (both for tarballs and RPMs).

The main problem with this approach is, especially for the RPMs, that it is error prone;
I may start the condor daemons by mistake.

Do you see any fundamental issues in providing client-only packages?

Thanks,
  Igor