Re: [HTCondor-devel] Chirp.jar support

Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 11:21:18 -0500
From: Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Chirp.jar support
On May 14, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does Chirp.jar have any support?
>
> In particular, we keep a binary version in our repo with no instructions on how to rebuild it.  I would propose, if it is supported, we rearrange the source so we can at least rebuild things.
>
> In the source comments, it is indicated we have some platforms where we would like to support the Java universe but do not have a Java compiler available.  Is this still true?
>
> Ran into this while working on #3353.

The source files used to create Chirp.jar are sitting next to it the HTCondor source tree. Recreating the jar file from those should be easy.

Hmm. Dan Bradley fixed a bug in ChirpInputStream.java in 2009, but Chirp.jar never got rebuilt to include it.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project