Re: [HTCondor-devel] RFC: htcondor cmake glue -- cmake-2.8 vs cmake-2.6

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:11:29 -0500
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] RFC: htcondor cmake glue -- cmake-2.8 vs cmake-2.6

But I don't think the static shadow is the only piece that requires a
newer cmake than 2.6; iirc, the cmake goo to deal with externals
properly also fails on cmake 2.6.

From

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=BuildingHtcondorOnUnix

it says in the list of prereq RPMs:

"cmake-2.8.X. NOTE: RHEL6 ships with cmake-2.6 which does NOT work. The
OSG hosts a compilation of cmake-2.8.4 here -
http://koji-hub.batlab.org/mnt/koji/packages/cmake/2.8.4/2.osg.el6/x86_64/cmake-2.8.4-2.osg.el6.x86_64.rpm";

Following up on my own post -

Although not a priority at UW-Madison, if someone wants to submit a patch that removes our dependency on cmake 2.8.x and allows the build (in all flavors/forms) to work with cmake 2.6, that patch would be very welcome!

regards,
Todd