Re: [Condor-devel] group quotas are confusing

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 08:53 -0400, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
> Best to ask that on the other threads specifically on that topic. Good
> thing the list is low traffic, it was easy to find -
>
> Some proposals regarding management of accounting groups and submitter names
> RFC: increasing the sanity of accounting group notation
>
> There's also a ticket somewhere too.

I started some work on this ticket:
https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2728

I wasn't happy with how my initial cut was playing out.

I think the best approach would be to keep ATTR_ACCOUNTING_GROUP
("AccountingGroup") defined as
<group>[.<subgroup>...]<delim-char><user>@<addr>   (where <delim-char>
can be configured, defaulting to its current sometimes-confusing value
of '.')

If I could get away with it, I'd rename the thing we currently call
AccountingGroup to something like AccountingID, and then have
AccountingGroup be just the actual group name <group>[.<subgroup>...]

If customers need "AccountingGroup" to remain as is, then we can settle
for creating a new attribute for the "real" accounting group.  Maybe
"AccountingGroupName"