Re: [Condor-devel] [classad-users] RFC: an implementation of classads enhanced with macro evaluation

On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 17:40 -0500, Alain Roy wrote:

> I think that if we add it to the spec, we should add it to the implementation. They should be tied: if we don't do one, we don't do the other.

In that regard, I think there are three options:

a) create a Classad 2.5 spec, and condor says "we implement 2.4"

b) implement macros in condor, but require them to be enabled by an api
switch on the parser (I'd recommend this regardless for efficiency
purposes - you don't have to spend the compute power of maintaining
context when you are parsing/unparsing classads internally over the
wire)

c) The idea leads a peaceful, pastoral existence on a github feature
branch, and maybe some day gets called into duty