Re: [Condor-devel] [condor-fw] RFC: convention for advertising SlotTypeID integer from SLOT_TYPE_N

Erik Erlandson <eje@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > The proposed convention for dynamic slots is that they will advertise:
> > > SlotTypeID = -n  # my parent p-slot is of type n
>
> Strictly speaking, positive numbers are reserved for slot types declared
> via SLOT_TYPE_N, and also it was a sort of expansion on the current
> (internal) convention that the slot type of d-slots is -1.

Why expose the distinction at all to end users and other Condor
daemons?  I don't imagine either group really caring.  If they
do, checking another attribute seems reasonable.  That would keep
SlotTypeID's meaning simple.

--
Alan De Smet                 Center for High Throughput Computing
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                       http://chtc.cs.wisc.edu