[Condor-devel] Surprise with classad.so, new batlab and rpath: Are you linking what I'm linking?

In the new batlab, the base Condor is installed as native packages, where available. This means that condor binaries are in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin, and the .so's are in /usr/lib64. I made some changes to the classad library, and submitted a build & test run.

I was surprised to see my changes not get executed in the test suite.

This is because the RPATH is set to /usr/lib/64:some_other_stuff, and the base native condor has a libclassad.so installed in /usr/lib64, and the condor-under-test, finds that one first. Ick.

We can fix this by aggressive revving of the .so version number during development, but this seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Thoughts?

-Greg