[Condor-devel] New Classad difference -- do bools promote to integers?

In debugging a problem on the CS pool, I noticed that the RANK expression for some machines was not evaluated properly. The rank expression was

RANK = stringListMember(Owner, "user1 user2", " ")

This RANK has been there the earth cooled. Obviously, stringListMember returns a boolean type. I guess in old classads, there was no boolean type, and this was effectively promoted to an int. Is this expected? Should bools get numeric promotion?

-greg