Re: [Condor-devel] Creating custom daemons

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 05:11:06PM -0400, David Arthur wrote:
> I imagine it's possible to create a custom Condor daemon that is
> controlled by condor_master. Are there some resources (aside from the
> source code) for getting started with this sort of endeavor?

> I've gotten condor_master to startup my daemon, but I'm not sure how
> to go about getting it configured.

The directory condor_dc_skel contains a skeleton daemoncore daemon. Here
are some slightly outdated directions for creating new daemons:

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=CreatingNewDaemons

I can look through that in more detail tomorrow and fix up any really out of
date material. I'll likely move it to the daemon meditations page and
add some more info to it too--like how to pick and specify good command
numbers. Just so you know, the command numbers for all of our daemons are
in a unique number space and not reused between daemons.

Thank you.

-pete