Re: [Condor-devel] changes to condor_submit

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 01:25:18PM -0500, Dan Bradley wrote:

> Pete, the change you are referring to of the default for copy_to_spool
> was done in 6.9.3, not 7.5.  The statement made by Doug is that
> something changed between 7.4 and 7.5.  Sounds like we need to keep digging.

Oh....spider senses tingling.

If there is a config knob which controls this, the value of it might
be different in 7.4 and 7.5 depending upon if it is defined in the
param_info.in table. 7.5 uses the "new" method of param defaults and
7.4 uses the old method.

Value Gap: it isn't just a place to shop!

> Also, if you think the executable should be spooled by default, what
> about all the other inputs?  Condor never spooled those by default, but
> it seems odd to have one default for the executable and a different
> default for the other inputs.

I personally think all inputs should be spooled all the time, it is confusing
when it isn't. But I understand it isn't die to space constraints, but even
that could be mitigated by copy on write semantics.

Later,
-pete