[Condor-devel] changes to condor_submit

hi all,

i heard on another list that the behavior of condor_submit changed between 7.4
and 7.5, and inquired about how since i was curious.  below are the details
from Doug Thain.

cheers,
-zach

Short story: Something changed in the behavior of copy_to_spool
between 7.4 and 7.5.

Long story:  Makeflow generates Condor jobs on the fly, and then
re-use the files, so as not to fill up the filesystem with lots of
junk.  Makeflow creates a condor.submit and a condor.sh as the
executable, and submits it with copy_to_spool enabled, and then
repeats that process using the same file names.

It worked fine on 7.4, then on 7.5 we discovered that the executable
condor.sh was *not* being spooled, and chaos resulted.  Our workaround
was to submit jobs with /bin/sh as the executable and -c "commandline"
as the arguments.

Hope that helps...
Doug