Re: [Condor-devel] Condor 7.4.2 bug: mkisofs.bat vs. mkisofs.exe in condor_vm_vmware.pl ?!?!

On Aug 2, 2010, at 3:08 AM, Rob wrote:

> I'm the poster of the original message and I like to add some more
> info here.
>

> This is really causing me a big headache after upgrading condor to
> most recent stable version 7.4.2 on 300+  Windows XP pool PCs !!
>
> I've been digging slightly deeper into what is going on here.
>
> Between versions 7.2.5 and 7.4.2 a new procedure is used to create
> 'on-the-fly' CDrom iso images on Windows pool PCs.
>

> 7.2.5 : uses  mkisofs.exe  directly
>
> 7.4.2 : uses  mkisofs.bat  script, which calls  cdmake.exe
>

> With 7.2.5 the iso image is created fine on a Windows pool PC.
>
> With 7.4.2 the procedure fails and no iso image is created.
> While the execution was running on the Windows PC, I have checked
> the folder
>
>  C:\condor\execute\dir_1234
>
> in which the VMware configuration "vmnvFAAn_condor.vmx" contains
> the lines:
>
> ide1:0.present = "TRUE"
> ide1:0.fileName = "isoXYEAAc.iso"
> ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-image"
> ide1:0.autodetect = "TRUE"
>

> but the actual iso file itself  "isoXYEAAc.iso"  is missing and hence has
> not been created.
>

> So far I've been unable to intercept the process of iso-image making,
> so I don't know exactly where it is going wrong. I suspect the call
> in  mkisofs.bat  to be wrong:
>
> cdmake -q -j %9 %6 %1
>

> I hope somebody can help figure out what is going wrong here.
> If this is a bug in a stable release, it is a very nasty one!

The arguments given to cdmake look incorrect. I'm working on a change that simplifies the scripts involved. I'll send you a copy to try when it's done.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
|                                | That's how I lost my mind.        |