Re: [Condor-devel] RemoteUserCpu not cumulative

I went ahead and documented the current behavior, including CommittedTime. I noted in the doc that there is no way to correct CommittedTime for time spent in a suspended state, because there is no CommittedSuspensionTime analogous to CumulativeSuspensionTime. If I've overlooked something, please let me know. This seems like an oversight.

--Dan

Dan Bradley wrote:
The manual says RemoteUserCpu is, "The total number of seconds of user CPU time the job used on remote machines."

This does not clearly indicate whether preempted time is included, but my guess from that statement would be "yes". Wrong. For vanilla universe jobs (not sure about standard), it does _not_ include time spent on preempted runs.

This attribute is used by OSG accounting. I think we should A) decide whether the current behavior is correct and B) document it precisely.

I also see no documentation for CommittedTime, which is also recorded by OSG accounting.

--Dan