Re: [Condor-devel] ProcAPI Messages

> > I also tried setting the D_ALL for procd but keep getting errors.  Is
> > there any way I can turn up the debug for procd?
>
> PROCD_DEBUG = D_FULLDEBUG (or maybe D_ALL, lotsa spam).

this line actually doesn't matter.  the procd does not use the regular condor
debugging subsystem; the log is either on or off.  also, the problem seems to
be that the procd can't be started at all, so it's log settings are irrelevant
anyways.

looking back on the thread, this line in the SchedLog seems to be the main
problem:

5/11 14:53:38 (fd:11) (pid:57011) Create Process: fork() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (35)

i'd suggest stracing the schedd to get a lower level view if the condor logs
aren't giving enough info (which seems to be the case here).

1) condor_off -schedd
2) strace -t -T condor_schedd -f > /tmp/schedd.strace
3) tail the SchedLog until you see the above error
4) mail -s SCHEDD_STRACE zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx < /tmp/schedd.strace

thanks!

cheers,
-zach