Re: [Condor-devel] Pushing patches to the Condor Team

Daniel Forrest wrote:
Hello developers,

I have just finished porting my patchset (80+ files changed) to the
7.1.1 release (FYI - most everything also applies cleanly to the 7.0.1
release) and I would like to start pushing them into the codebase.

What is the best course of action?

1.) Posting them to condor-devel?

2.) Opening an issue for Condor on nmi.cs.wisc.edu?
    (And if so, pointers on how to do this effectively.)

3.) Something else?

In recent discussions with the FW Team, it seems that (2) is the best approach, with each patch being small and individually digestible.

I've been posting to http://nmi.cs.wisc.edu/project/issues/condor/issues

I typically including a description of the issue, description of fix, and then a patch. Set the status to "patch (code needs review)" when you attach code.

Are all your patches bug fixes? Typically the stable series only takes bug fixes. Performance and feature enhancements target the development series.

Do you have multiple patches or one large patch?

Best,

matt