Re: [Condor-devel] LSB-ish init script for Condor

Alain Roy wrote:
On Feb 15, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:

Alain Roy wrote:
On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
I would like to add an LSB-like (maybe not completely LSB compliant) init script to Condor 7.0 before 7.0.1 comes out. Attached is a patch against Condor 7.0 that contains the script. It is added as src/condor_examples/condor.init with a slight modification to src/ condor_examples/Imakefile so it will be installed in etc/examples/.

This isn't really a "new feature" just a new example file. So I hope it can be added to the 7.0 stable series instead of the 7.1 development series.

Thoughts?
+# Source function library
+. /etc/init.d/functions
I love the idea of having a better init script for Condor. How widely available are these functions? I know they are available on RedHat computers, but not on Debian computers.

As for the availability of the functions, I'm not entirely sure. What does Debian use?

I'm no expert, but there is /lib/lsb/init-functions that most of them use. I don't know how it compares to what is on RedHat.

-alain

Red Hat systems also have /lib/lsb, but I cannot speak to how many system services actually use it.

Best,

matt