Re: [Condor-devel] [condor-fw] purpose of installed files

Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Erik Paulson wrote:

How is libchirp_client.a used? Do you run condor_chirp and link against the client, allowing you to talk to condor_chirp?

  src/chirp/chirp_client.c
  src/chirp/chirp_client.h
   - useful outside of condor?

In theory, yes.

Well, chirp_client.h is needed for libchirp_client.a, I'm assuming. The source might not be so useful, or is it meant to be an example of how to talk to condor_chirp? Or is chirp_client.c just compiled into libchirp_client.a -- seems to be what happens. Hmmm.

So, libchirp_client.a is just chirp_client.c. Also, a beer says chirp_client.c has never been compiled by a user, why? because chirp_protocol.h is #included in it but never distributed.

Distributing the source of a library when the library is only available for static linking seems silly. I'm only going to package the source, and include chirp_protocol.h.

matt