Re: [Condor-devel] [condor-fw] purpose of installed files

[Switching to condor-devel, which is a superset of condor-fw]

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 09:25:41AM -0500, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
> if anyone knows anything about any of these files please reply and add
> what you know...
>
>   libexec/condor_ssh
>   libexec/rsh
>   libexec/sshd.sh
>    - used by the parallel universe? can we ditch rsh?

Yes to both. The rsh is only used by the old MPI universe, and really
needs to be dropped from the release tarballs.

I think it's ok that these go in /usr/libexec

>   libexec/condor_chirp
>    - does anything use this?

Yes. The MPI startup scripts might, and some people's scripts. It's a useful
tool.

>   libexec/glexec_starter_setup.sh
>   libexec/glite/*
>    - are these only useful when using gsi?
>
>   lib/Chirp.jar
>   lib/Condor.pm
>   lib/Execute.pm
>   lib/FileLock.pm
>   lib/libchirp_client.a
>    - are these used inside condor?

No, they're meant for end users to use. The jar and perl modules should go
somewhere other than /usr/lib

>   lib/libcondorapi.a
>   lib/libcondorapi.so
>    - user log parser?

Yes.

>   src/chirp/chirp_client.c
>   src/chirp/chirp_client.h
>    - useful outside of condor?

In theory, yes.

>   include/condor_constants.h
>   include/condor_event.h
>   include/condor_holdcodes.h
>   include/file_lock.h
>   include/user_log.c++.h
>    - all needed to use libcondorapi?

Yes. They should move out of /usr/include and into something like
/usr/include/condor

>   sbin/cleanup_release
>   sbin/filelock_midwige
>   sbin/filelock_undertaker
>   sbin/install_release
>   sbin/uniq_pid_command
>   sbin/uniq_pid_midwife
>   sbin/uniq_pid_undertaker
>    - joe's stuff, used anywhere in condor?

Not that I know of. I took them out in my RPM, so I didn't have to deal
with the auto-dependency stuff that rpm figures out.

-Erik