Re: [Condor-devel] localhost on linux

We were talking about getting the IP without actually communicating with the collector, but I still agree that it shouldn't be an issue, assuming the collector isn't bound to localhost. If it is you are in trouble anyway.

matt

Greg Thain wrote:

#4 doesn't handle the case in which the machine in question is the central manager and is running a startd and/or schedd, the ads from these would have the address of the loopback (over which they would contact the collector).

Are you sure about this? I thought the collector was currently re-writing the address based on getpeername? So long as CONDOR_HOST is not set to the loopback, shouldn't we be OK in that case?

_Greg