Re: [Condor-devel] stopping the GLIBC madness

A simple autoconf check to see if rlim_t is defined doesn't work in this
case since rlim_t is in fact defined with or without _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64,
but they are in actuality different widths. Most solutions to this
problem are ugly and probably time intensive to test.

This is why sometimes I don't do seemingly obvious incremental changes--I
discover crap like the above and it becomes a rathole. In the other
case you brought up, I think that there is a special autoconf rule which
already figures out if a signal handler takes a type or not and I think
I just have to use it. Until I actually do the change, however, I'm not
sure if it won't propogate beyond that.

So this is kind of scary: the knowledge for the "why" of this code is only in your head. It seems like a well-placed comment would be in order here, otherwise someone else might spend laborious hours re-figuring it out.

-alain