Re: [Condor-devel] What does Condor _really_ depend on?

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:49:58AM -0700, Derek Wright wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Erik Paulson wrote:
>
> >Maybe the externals build step would be better handled by either
> >the NMI
> >glue, some sort of DAG in NMI, or just a way tricked out version of
> >new_workspace.
>
> new_workspace is clearly the wrong choice here (only used by UW
> people, not in our nightlies, etc).

The idea would be to add it to our src tarballs, and have it be used
in more places. (If nothing else, it would be nice to have in the tarfiles
as-is. The only reason I haven't just added it is that I don't know where
it should go)

Whether or not it's worth doing in light of the below, I can't say.
I don't think it's likely that I'm ever going to install ETICS on my
laptop just to build Condor, but at the same time it's not a
big deal for me to have to build the externals ahead of time and put them
somewhere configure can find them.

-Erik