Re: [Condor-devel] debian support

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 04:13:43AM +0200, guillaume pernot wrote:
> the enclosed patch make it happens : it builds glibc-2.3.2.27.9.7 with
> gcc-4.0.3.
>
> there is mainly syntaxic corrections, some backports from glibc-2.4
> (malloc/obstack.[ch]), a bit of autoconf and some black magic
> (-fno-unit-at-a-time in glibc-2.3.2.27.9.7/csu/Makefile).

Awesome. I'll check it out tomorrow!

> patches are applied unconditionnaly. that's bad. we should at least check for
> gcc > 3.4 in build_glibc-2.3.2.27.9.7...

That can be fixed pretty easily. The exact method escapes me at this moment,
but it involves config.sh.in defining variables concerning gcc version, and
the build script sourcing the config.sh file, and doing logic based upon what
it finds there.

> i don't understand yet fully how condor is hooking glibc, so maybe there is
> some things that don't work... usual suspect may be c_stubs/gconv_stubs.c...

One of the only things to watch out about now is header file mismatch
between the glibc header files on the machine, and the glibc version we
link against in the standard universe code.

The test suite will show you if it broke any of our regression tests
and will probably flush out the above unknown.

After typing make all in condor_tests/ and setting up a personal Condor,
type:

./batch_test.pl -dir gcc file gcc/list_all
./batch_test.pl -dir g++ file g++/list_all
./batch_test.pl -dir gc77file g77/list_all

And see what passes and what doesn't.

Then run:

./batch_test.pl

to run the nonstduniv tests.

If everything builds and passes, you're done!

Thank you.

-pete