Re: [Condor-devel] condor_q (with Quill enabled) is still double reporting custom job attributes in 6.7.20

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:54:34PM -0400, Ian Chesal wrote:
> I had reported this for 6.7.12 and thought it was getting fixed but I'm
> still seeing it in 6.7.20.
>
> If I add custom job attributes to my jobs via the submit ticket and then
> use a Quill-enabled condor_q call to query the job I see the attributes
> printed twice. It looks like Quill is taking the first instance custom
> attribute and assigning it to the Cluster attribute table and the
> remaining instances and assigning them to the Job attribute table but
> when it does it's query and returns the results to condor_q it appears
> that it's not tossing the Cluster-level attribute in favour of the
> Job-level attribute, but instead printing both.

This bug is related to a segfaulting bug you had found around 6.7.12ish.
We fixed the segfaulting bug, but realized that the fix exposed
another bug (which only happens when using -long and condor_q) where an
attribute's change history is printed out and the last one printed out
is the correct one.

In looking at how to fix this suplicate attribute bug, we determined
it would be pretty extensive surgery in the classad code and API and
are hesitant in doing it since using condor_q -const <expr> to get the
value out would result in the correct value being given to you and that
is the recommended manner to get attributes from a job ad.

However, if you find a case where condor_q -const gives back the wrong
value, then we'll have to do something about it immediately.

So, in short, this duplication bug is scheduled to be fixed in the future
(unknown when at this time, though if there is compelling enough case
it could be sooner than later), but use condor_q -const to workaround it.

Thank you.

-pete