Re: [Condor-devel] [Condor-team] RFC: GCB optimization for local network communication

Derek Wright wrote:

so, we have 2 real options:

a) have our "network incompatibility flag day", declare that 6.9.x is utterly incompatible with everything before it, and change the format of the sinful string however we want.

Are we breaking compatibility anyway for privilege separation, or do all those changes fit in without changing the network protocols?

given all the facts, i'm voting for b.

This would be my inclination too (especially from the "campus grids" perspective), but if we are going to have to break flocking-compatibility anyway, it would be a pity not to take that into consideration now.

--Dan