Re: [Condor-devel] Feedback: Quill stress testing

On Oct 18, 2005, at 1:54 PM, Matt Hope wrote:

On 10/18/05, Ian Chesal <ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

seconds. It's when we remove large numbers of jobs that the quill binary
really doesn't do well.

If I submit 300 1000-job clusters and then condor_rm all 300 clusters with
one command line the database grinds to a halt.

On a side note I should point out the same thing* happens to many of my users when removing large numbers of jobs wihout quill (even if those jobs aren't even running and are on hold!)

the condor_rm process in general seems seriously expensive

Matt

* takes ages - schedd stops responding, ends needing a net stop condor
to sort it out

Does the condor_rm take a long time to complete, or does it take a long time for the jobs to leave the queue? Leaving the queue forces at least one disk sync per job.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |