Re: [Condor-devel] Another quill question

Derek,

> > If quill is running, is there a way to tell condor_q to query the
> > schedd directly anyway?  A quick skim of the code seems to say no.
>
> you should be able to temporarily set _condor_QUILL_NAME="" in your
> environment then run condor_q.  that will override your QUILL_NAME
> config file setting, and the condor_q will think you don't have quill
> and won't query the DB.  granted, that's a little bit of a hack, so
> it'd be nice of us to add a some kind of command-line arg to
> accomplish the same thing.

Setting the environment works fine for the local schedd, but if I am
doing "condor_q -name <name>" it doesn't.  I'm not sure if this should
be considered a feature or a bug?  One could easily argue that the
owner of the schedd gets to decide the access method.

Right now I'm more interested in the local schedd, so this was a very
helpful suggestion.  Thanks.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics