Re: [Condor-devel] Re: [condor-staff] alternatives to #define for GCB support

On Tue, 03 May 2005 17:44:02 -0500  Alain Roy wrote:

> It's not that complicated!

not if you know what GCB is, and are familiar with everything i'm
talking about. ;) however, i didn't think i could assume that for
everyone on these lists.

> >- only works on platforms where we can use the GNU linker to build
> >   condor.
>
> What is this list of platforms?

i don't know off the top of my head.  it certainly includes linux, and
that's the main platform that matters at the moment.

> I'm guessing it doesn't include Windows.

right.

> Is GCB support on Windows a priority? A possibility?

a distant possibility.  sonny hasn't even started trying to port GCB
itself to windoze...

> Is there something similar we can do for Windows?

possibly.

> Or is support Windows just a completely different problem and it
> doesn't affect this discussion at all?

that's right.  forget about windoze for now.

-d