2) GNU linker tricks

the GNU linker (ld) supports a "--wrap" option that provides a nice
way to have the linker itself basically handle the hard work of option
#1.

cons:
- only works on platforms where we can use the GNU linker to build
  condor.

What is this list of platforms?

I'm guessing it doesn't include Windows. Is GCB support on Windows a priority? A possibility? Is there something similar we can do for Windows? Or is support Windows just a completely different problem and it doesn't affect this discussion at all?

-alain