Re: [Condor-devel] Bug in condor_dagman?

On Jul 11, 2005, Erik Paulson wrote:
I've always thought that DAGMan should param() explicitly for something like DAGMAN_JOB_SUBMIT_CMD

It does. :)

I just added this for Paolo -- as of the next (post-6.7.9) development release, you will be able to set DAGMAN_CONDOR_SUBMIT_EXE and DAGMAN_STORK_SUBMIT_EXE config vars. (If unset, they default to "condor_submit" and "stork_submit" and rely on being in the PATH, as before.)

or, even better, allow the DAG file to specify. (But that's a relgious argument that Peter and I have from time to time, and I don't remember what side I usually argue. Today it's that the DAGfile should specify :)

The religious argument concerns whether a setting is a property of the DAG itself, or of the DAGMan process managing it. Although the line gets blurry sometimes, I think the structure and semantics of the DAG belong in the DAG file and the operational details belong to the DAGMan configuration.

-Peter

--
Peter Couvares                        University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences