Re: [Condor-devel] Bug in condor_dagman?

As for the Create_Process() .exe bug, I think it might already be fixed in V6_7-branch -- Colin, is that right? I remember something about it recently...

We do not automatically append .exe, nor will we ever, I don't think. Windows has many executable types, including .com, .bat, .cmd, .pif. Picking .exe is totally arbitrary. Sure, for the daemons it's generally fine (though it is possible to have daemon wrappers on Windows too, which of course are .bat or .cmd files), but we use Create_Process() for user jobs as well.

We do check to make sure that the file you give us is a valid Win16/Win32 executable before we hand it off to the Windows' CreateProcess() (which incidentally handles malformed executables quite poorly), but we expect the full path of the executable, including the extension.

Colin